RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying Wing -- 76" wingspan -- Maiden Flight Today
Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Boss248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying Wing -- 76" wingspan -- Maiden Flight Today

Jeff...I really like the wing you built...I don't know if you remember the Klingberg wing's that were out several years ago built I built one and installed an Astro .05 FAI and was using Sanyo 1400 mah SCR batteries and a Corelli car type speed control and it was the most stable plane I have ever flow. It was semi aerobatic and I was getting about 5 minutes AFT, It was very easy to fly but it would disappear if you were looking at the cross section for very long in a flight but It sure was a crowd pleaser. I lost it at the grand opening of our flying field...it was real windy that day and I had it sitting on top of the motor on my truck charging the batteries when it was lifted off the truck and slammed into the parking lot. I looked it over real good and when flying it the next time the right aeliron came off and that was all she wrote. It would sure be nice if you had a set of plans ...I really would like to build another one someday.
C.W.