RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is Tony Stillman?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 02:29 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is Tony Stillman?

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
<SNIP>
EC passed a motion.
DB got it placed on indefinite hold and not effective as so voted.
IMO DB overrode an EC voted-in motion.
Case or not, the results so prove that the Pres. gets his way when he so desires, and the VPs do NOT stand up to him with a, "We already voted on that."
Changing a vote because of membership objections is one thing. Changing simply because of one other EC person, well I ain't so hepped up on that item!!
The question is should that read?

EC passed a motion
DB called an emergency meeting
New information was presented
EC passed a motion putting previous motion in abeyance

DB had his say at the EC meeting. A rather animated say as I understand. A vote was taken. The rules were passed, in spite of anything Dave Brown said at the time. New information came to light. Apparently that new information gave the EC reason to take pause. Do you really think that a reiteration of the same arguments Dave Brown made in person at the EC meeting became so powerful, just because a few days passed, that those very same points changed the VP's minds over the telephone? If so, that must have been one hell of a telephone presentation.

As it turns out, there is more than one issue that may be revisited. Rich Hanson has expressed the desire to get it right, saying that the EC does not always get it right the first time. That is in the Jet Forum as well.

If you are trying to say that Dave Brown has won, and got he got his way, I assure you that if you will call him, he will enlighten you otherwise.. Or.. any of the VP's (bar one), for that matter.

JR