RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying Wing -- 76" wingspan -- Maiden Flight Today
Old 12-15-2003, 06:29 PM
NorthropN9M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying Wing -- 76" wingspan -- Maiden Flight Today

Paul,

Thanks so much for your comments and feedback. The wing does look very majestic in the air. There is just nothing like flying a pure flying wing. I quickly learned this spring and summer that when I take a flying wing to the field be ready to answer a lot of questions and be prepared to always fly in front of a crowd of spectators. It does attract attention because it looks so unique in the sky.

There is plenty of yaw control. When the CG is properly set and the correct amount of differential is mechanically set-up in the elevons, you will find the wing to have little adverse yaw. Plus, the spinning prop(s) provide yaw stabilization through the gyroscope effect. The CG range on this flying wing is 1/2 inch....and that is typical for a wing of this size.

I plan on offering plans for an IMAA-legal version of the wing. It will have at least an 80 inch wingspan and offer the builder powerplant options (electric or glow) and landing gear options (hand launched, fixed gear or retracts). Since I insist on building and testing everything I design, it will be this summer before plans are available. I will put you on my mailing list.

Thanks again for your kind remarks and feedback.

Jeff