RCU Forums - View Single Post - LT-40 Bolt on wings
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Mooney231DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-40 Bolt on wings

Hi Jeff,
Doing great.
Glad to hear you are almost ready to go!
(If I helped you...I'm very glad. )

Do you have the page and pictures saved locally on your PC or just a hyperlink? I had those up on my Mindspring space and lost them when I switched to BellSouth DSL. (I lost my local copy do to losing my machine several times with a Win 2000 bug related to RAID! - That's another forum. )

If you have it locally PLEASE send it to me.

Thanks!

tinman,
I'm converting mine to tail dragger and floats this weekend. I have the floats glassed but need to modify the LT40. I agree, it is a super plane to try anything new on.

Jake,
I have had NO problems with my setup. It is probably overkill for the way I fly as I said earlier. I think I've seen the post your referring to on the other thread. His looks very good. But as you have the ARF, the way I did it might be easier. (Didn't he glue some blocks to the ribs, etc., etc.? Mine just requires some small openings in the bottom sheeting for applying glue. The wing joiner takes the load.)

If Jeff has my Pics and Page I will re-post them or send them to you. If not, I will re-shoot the pics and re-write the text for you.

Art has it right. Go for it. The best thing about these models is it is pretty hard to mess something up beyond repair. (of course, then you have another chance to mess it up! )

Art = GrnBrt
Retired Law Enforcement = Green Beret?
(Either way, thanks for serving your country and community.)

Ladd