RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Real" trucks
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 08:55 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Real" trucks

I thought I would like to make a statement so I will. I'v been looking around at other peoples trucks and I noticed a lot of those expensive trucks have so much time and money put in to them for looks. We all spend a long time trying to figure out what wheels shine the best or what body is looks great but thats not what it all comes down to with R/C trucks. Its all about how much mud you can pile on it! We all spent a long time on painting our bodies and finding the best sparkling colour to make it stand out but a perfect body should be painted brown on the outside after a day at the construction site. Same with the wheels, shure they look great when brand new out of the package and with the shiny chrome paint but you never see it 2 minutes in to your run. Ok, so you can wash the mud off and have them looking great again.....but after enough runs the paint will start peeling but that doesn't stop us from launching our trucks 10 feet into the air and going up vertical walls of mud. Same with all the fancy anodizing of aluminum....we pay a lot of money to get a matching coloured aluminum pieces to make the truck look 'expensive' yet after a day of rock crawling or high speed jumps...it ends up looking like crap when it gets all scratched up. I can agree we also get the aluminum parts for durability too but we pay extra to have it anodized when we can get them cheaper in natural. Also with the tires we choose. I and a lot of you spend a long time researching which tires will grip the best for our purpose and pay crazy amounts of money for them but if you drive your truck properly....it will be covered in so much mud that there is no grip left and will be riding on mud slicks.

I'd like to finish with some pics of my truck after a 1 tank run today. Also I would like to thank you for reading this thread.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80360.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	84277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89388.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	84278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23579.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.6 KB