RCU Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Sailplane XL 3200 or Elegant 2
Old 12-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Mike Singels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Northeast Sailplane XL 3200 or Elegant 2

I use an eight cell 1700 mah nicad battery and get gobs of flight time out of it. Usually I land long before the battery is exhausted to let others fly. It was simple to install the motor mount in the fuselage. I used a dremel tool and cut the nose off about an eighth of an inch forward of the scribed line. After I had the motor mount glued in place exactly how I wanted it, I trimmed/sanded the fuselage even with the motor mount. The rest was a breeze. Set the sailplane up per the instructions (control throws) and you'll be happy. The sailplane flies very smooth but is plenty responsive if you ask it to be. It needs very little if any rudder coordination when making turns and when you drop the flaps, it doesn't pitch very much. I don't even mix in the elevator with the flaps, I just do it manually with the stick. You will need to set it up with aileron differential. If you have some flight experience (RC), you should have no problems flying this airplane. I dressed my Elegant up by adding some red pin stripping to the wings and elevator. It looks real nice. I was extremely pleased with the quality of my kit (ARF) when it arrived. If you have previous building experience, this ARF won't take you long to have ready to fly.