RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger .60
Thread: Tiger .60
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 11:31 PM
stuk_at_work
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger .60 . Building suggestions?

I bought mine 90% done and converted it to a tail-dragger, I think it looks better that way (sorry Mike) and based on my experience on my not so smooth grass runway think it will hold up much better, if my ultraStick-60 is any barometer. I ended up (eventually) putting a fults nose gear on all my trikes, and if you have a rough field to fly from and plan on keeping the trike gear setup, you might want to consider that too.

Mine came with 2-56 rods on wooden dowels that I'm thinking of switching over to 4-40 rods and perhaps arrowshafts. I haven't had a chance to fly mine yet (finished last week, 10-15 mph winds not the best for a maiden flight), so Mike may be a better judge on this than me, but it seems the way the plans have you set up the exit points on the fuselage for the elevator and rudder, there is an awfully long open run of metal to "flex in the wind".

The fuselage is long enough to conceal an antenna, so I put my antenna completely inside the fuselage. I also mounted a Hobbico "volt-watch" on the main deck under the canopy, and of course my canopy is screwed in just in case my pilot decides to "take a walk around the cabin".

I've got an O.S. 61 FX that I just took off of my Ultra-Stick, and found that the plane balanced out without any additional weight on nose or tail with only minor battery shifting to get the C.G. in range.

I was hoping to have more pictures of it to share, but last time I took it to the field for a test flight it was just way to windy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19275.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	84625