RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fred Reese Sea Dancer...
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fred Reese Seadancer...

Hmmm, I've only heard good things about them as well, also, I love my Cloud Dancer 60 and flew it off of the water for years with no problems. If the SeaDancer wing is the same, which I assume it is, then all should work fine.

The flying boat in the lower right of the attached pic is the builders own design. I attached the pic because he had an absolute devil of a time getting it off of the water. I think we've deduced that it is more of a wing incidence problem than a thrust angle problem, although both play a part.

Also, what can really help a flying boat get off the water is some chines by the step. It is like little additional steps, by the step. The guy with the plane I was talking about earlier put chines on his and was able to get off the water. His incidence was still wrong and he ended up crashing, but it is being rebuilt and is ready for next summer. He has new wing incidence and thrust angle.

I think if the wing incidence is correct, everything on the SeaDancer should be fine. My Cloud Dancer 60 was in the air in 50 feet, and this was with very heavy floats and an engine at the lower end of the power curve (an OS 60FP). Freds wing design has tons of lift. The plane should fly and get off the water great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23909.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	84969