RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Li'l Rascal
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 06:48 PM
enrique1123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Li'l Rascal

I Finally got it in the air, at 7.5 oz. I couldn't save any more weight, and it flew just fine, with the stock down thrust angle. I had to take apart a pack of 340 Kokams that I put together just 2 weeks ago and I tried both 2 and 3 cell set ups. With the 3 cell it comes in at 7.5 oz but I like the extra power from the third cell, it will fly with 2 cells but it climbs much more slower. Watch out for the landings, someone had said that you have to land a little fast and now I know why. I had to repair the landing gear already. I like it though. Bad news for my friend though He flew it with the recommended set up and it flew ok but he tried to turn just a little too fast and He stalled it about 30 off the ground and the crach wasn't pretty. Main wing is busted, cracked fuse, bulkhead completely torn off and to make it worse He can't find replacement parts. He said he is going to try to fix it but it's still disappointing. By the way if anyone needs to replace the motor/gearbox, We found out that it is the same one used for the Wattage Odissey or Baby Bee. I had the set up that I took out of my Odissey becuase I put a stock 400 in it so the repairs are underway for the Lil Rascal. Thanks for all the help guys, the tips really helped me to enjoy this plane instead of crashing on it's maiden flight like other planes that I've had in the past. Till next time.