RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexstar Crash....
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 12:58 AM
jdavies300s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexstar Crash....

sorry to hear about your luck with your trainer. if you want the suggestion of someone who re-learned how to fly not too long ago, get an alpha. my alpha lasted many great flights, until i got bored with it and started hot-dogging and generally doing manuvers the alpha wasn't designed for. but, the alpha taught me how to fly two times now. it is about $300 and it's pretty close to an rtf. just join the wing halves, and assemble the tail, put some gas in her, then call your instructor. i learned both times with an instructor, i imagine this saved me a lot of money. as far as taxiing, i did that without an instructor and my plane was fine. just don't taxi it too fast. alphas come complete with engine/reciever/servos/gas tank already installed. comes with a transmitter too. it's a good deal.

again, sorry to hear about the crash, but hopefully it has prompted you to find a seasoned r/c pilot to show you the ropes and get you set up. a buddy box might seem embarrasing, but it will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

advice for new fliers, re-read my statement, get an alpha, and an instructor. but most of all, welcome to the wonderful world of flying r/c!!!!