RCU Forums - View Single Post - wingtote cust service
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 04:21 PM
spliff
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wingtote cust service

Well, I ordered two 101 single wing bags about 6 weeks ago. They did charge my card before they shipped. To Wingtote's defense, John with wingtote called me about three days after I placed my online order. He specifically told me it would be about 4-6 weeks and that if I wanted to order from someone else, I could and they would credit me. I told him it was no big deal, that I could live without them until them (my ultimate is not finished yet and I have a friends borrowed bags until then).

My wingbags arrived today! But they were the wrong bags!!!!! They shipped me the 201 instead. The quality of these bags is really, really, nice I must say, but that does me no good as these will not fit my wings.

I called John at wingtote, who looked up my order on the computer and confimed that they had shipped me the wrong bag. He asked me to send them back, and he will send me the right ones (once again letting me know it would still be a week or two before he had those in.) I asked how would he like me to ship them? He said, whatever is cheaper for you. I said, I really don't care the cost because I am not going to pay for it. I payed for the shipping to come here, why would I pay for the shipping to go back to you on your mistake. He totally agreed but did not know how to let me send it to where they get billed for it. I told him it would sure be nice if wingtote would include a free "field holster" for my t-maxx. He agreed and stated, "We would like to square up with you for our mistake."

So, what does all of this mean in relation to your prior posts? I dunno. They make a really quality product, at a really, really, affordable price. But I also think it was assanine for the guy to suggest that I pay the shipping to send them back their product from their own mistake. They also had no problem at all in telling me they would make it right and hopefully will do so. What does this make them? A bad company.....a good company......a good and bad company.......hmm........ I will say this, I do not envy the american companies who get their product manufactured for them 2000 miles away, are made promises that these foreign countries/labor forces cannot keep, and then they look terrible to their own customer base. Solution? Buy american and pay triple the price?

This entire thing seems so familiar and analagous to my dealings with Dave Patrick Models. Quality plane (I don't care what anyone says, I've owned two out of the three - it is a quality ARF), terrible service, 6 bottles of free dave patrick glue when my backordred - told many times it was on its way - canopy came in. Late canopy, but free glue.....hmm.....

My final answer is, I don't have a final answer except it sure would be nice if Americans could manufacture American made products that Americans would buy and ship within America, be used and abused by Americans, so we could complain and congradulate all of the americans responsible for the problems and successes. However, in order to make a wingbag as good ( and it is really that GOOD!), as you get from them, at that price, their is no American willing to work for the kind of slave wages these foreign companies pay children ( I always assume it is child labor) to make our toy model bags for. Phew....now I'm done.