RCU Forums - View Single Post - RX Ant. Length
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 11:18 PM
PaulVi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RX Ant. Length

That would make sense. Effectively you would be running a 1/8 wave give or take. I decided to play a bit with a very unscientific method I will pace off 300'. start with the stock ant. and then try the 1/8 wave idea. (Still will not be as clean as I want but better). then I and going to wind a few ant. around a soda straw. starting at 32"and working up to 45" in 1 inch increments then just go to the park with a partner and start walking away with the xmiter ant. down and look for erratic behavior. I will make a quick change plug using pins and plugs from a DB9 connector (have then in a bag) and see where I get.

If I can be consistent with my testing I will put the results up here.

On the note of Ant wire. I took a phone cord 25' silver satin ext cord and striped the plastic over coat off, inside were 4 wires 1 each black, red, green, yellow about 24-26 Gage so I have an ample supply or replacment wire that cost nothing.

We will see.

If anybody has any toughs please jump in. if we can do some realistic testing. we may be able to save a few bucks in an other wise expensive hobby..