RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Li'l Rascal
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 02:53 AM
cobra525
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Li'l Rascal wing modification

Hi all,

I just want to be one more person that agrees in case some one is looking to buy or info. The li'l Rascal is a great looking plane but wont fly so good. I spent 109.99, the kit went together well but the quality of the balsa is way to cheap. hardy no plywood at all. Bulkheads are fragile balsa and on a rough landing the battery will fire thru them till it meets the motor or in my case blows out thru the bottom of the fuselage. Has to make LARGE turns if not it will fall out of the sky. The landing gear broke off on mine after five good landings. The tail feathers are to flappy and need more epoxy surface to be a solid part of the plane. may be the reason the likes to be so whacky. I built it perfectly straight and its not my cup of tea. If you are looking for a small park flyer thats not foam, The Clancy baby bee arf is the only plane I own now(Im really a heli guy). the little 22" winspan fits anywhere, The plane is totaly solid thru and thru and its large control surfaces make for great 3D.The little bee always rights it self and you never crash because it simply manages to come down slow and on its wheels. Great for new pilots to learn on if set up for minimal throw.