RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Li'l Rascal
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 10:12 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Li'l Rascal wing modification

There's been a lot of discussion over on RC Groups Discussion about various mods to the LR: [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164824]Sig Lil Rascal[/link]

I've been having fun flying mine with an 8-cell 300maH NiMH pack and a prop change.... Try the 7x5E APC prop, fits easily with just some minor drilling/reaming of the APC hub adapter ring (use a #8 or 9 drill, .196 to .199"). Also need to open up the prop cutouts on the spinner a bit.

Significant increase in thrust, it will almost pull out of my hand when held vertically, with a fresh 8-cell 300 maH (2/3AAA cells) NiMH pack. The stock prop, same pack, seems to have far less pull (no way to accurately measure, my fish scale is not sensitive enough). Too windy to fly it today - 20-25 MPH, oh well.

For those who are afraid to fly it - if you are an experienced RC pilot you should have no problems. It's not a slow flyer, nor a trainer, and I don't think Sig is trying to mislead anyone with their ads for this cute little bird.

It is a lot of fun to fly. It will fly OK on the stock setup, but the improved power (whether a prop change, 8 cell NiCad or Nimh, LiPO, or brushless motor) really transforms this plane.

I have no complaints.