View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 12:56 AM
tsawyer148
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Mount Question

I have an old Great Planes P-51 that was built from a kit several years ago, (bought it about a year ago from another fellow). I am in need of replacing the engine and as I take it apart, I see that the existing mount is a Dave Brown, (I think), mount. It has the marking of 90FS on it. It originally had an OS 46SF with a pump and tuned pipe but the engine is wearing out so I am going to put a Thunder Tiger Pro .46 on it for now. Problem is, the engine mount had to be modified to fit the OS and is not going to accept the TT in the same mounting holes. The prop hub sticks out about another 1/16 farther than the OS and I really don't want to have to scab it together.

The question is, does anyone know what mount was originally intended to go on this model or which one will fit? The beams need to be a minimum of 2 3/4 long to accomodate the length of the nose or if there is some suitable way to put a spacer in the nose to accept a standard .40 size mount, I would really like to hear a suggestion.

Thanks a bunch in advance...

T.