RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Brown in Feb04 Model Aviation
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 10:29 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Brown in Feb04 Model Aviation

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger
<SNIP>
I agree completely with your sentiment - I don't want to lose the hobby by any means. I guess my difference with DB and his actions re this subject comes down to a matter of trust. I know a number of people involved with jets, and every indication so far is that I can trust their judgment to be every bit as responsible as the vast majority of other modelers I know, i.e., to operate within their limits, both human and airframe. As for DB and his overriding the judgment of everybody else concerned, that's a whole different thing.....

Abel
Abel

I would like to say I agree, but, I don't. David has agreed that there are some waiver holders that should not have waivers. Not many, but, they exist. The new rules will make it easier to get a waiver, and, just by the laws of probability, there will be additional waiver holders that should not have one. People that are flying beyond their limits, in your words. What do you do about them? Rules, are aimed at just such people. The guy that is marginally proficient at 200 is going to be a threat at a higher speed. What is the answer?

It's pretty obvious that you're not fond of Dave Brown. I can even understand that. What I do not understand is who you think, on the EC, will fold thier cards and throw in their convictions becasue he says so. I think we can all name one, but, other than him, who among the EC do you believe would vote his conscience in the face of DB's opposition at the EC meeting, and then turn around and change that convicition in a phone call... all without new information?

JR