RCU Forums - View Single Post - The perfect pond?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 02:39 PM
ec12-1582

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The perfect pond?

Ok Rob, you asked, and here's the wish list.

(And if I ever have enough money to buy land and open a hobby shop, this will be on site-kind of like a 20 acre RC Boat event stadium)

Pond- At least 800 x 500ft. (Bigger than many current EC12 Sites and large enoug for a good modified Olympic Course). Depth at shore line at least 36inches. Power retractable bouys arranged to take advantage of prevelant winds. By using a control panel, the course can be changed by raising or lowering bouys. (Did I mention this needs to be on a Plateau with no wind obstructions.)

Hydraulic Launch and Recovery Cradles. (This is the cool part- a cradle that you place your boat in that lowers or raises the boat into/out of the water. No more kneeling in goose crap-several would be nice.)

A wide asphalt walkway around the pond so you don't fall into the muskrat holes as your following the boat around the course.

A covered pavillion with set up tables and benches so each sailor has a covered area and room for his gear, close enough to the shore to control the boat in the event of rain. Each table to have electrical outlets for chargers, etc.

A snack bar in the pavillion.

A covered spectators area.

Easily accessible restrooms.

A Hobby Shop on site that carries RC Sailing parts should you have a breakdown. Said hobby shop also needs a workshop area available to boaters for repairs, assistance, etc.

A storage facility where folks can store their boats, sails and equipment with out having to transport them.

Hawks on sight to eliminate Canada Geese!!!

Open to the Public with rental boats and instructors available.

Close to major roads/highways so anyone can find it.

A clubhouse with bar for all us RC'ers.

Adjacent to a public park making it easy for folks to find us.

I wish this sport was more well known, then maybe my business model would work.

Chris