RCU Forums - View Single Post - using my Tx with PC interface
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 08:24 PM
sandal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using my Tx with PC interface

I have an Eclipse 7 Q-PCM, software version 12

Most people seem to recommend that the crystal or RF module is removed when a trainer cable or a PC interface is connected to the transmitter. I've heard that some transmitters automatically disable the RF module when a PC interface or the student end of a trainer cable is connected.

If I have to remove the RF module every time I use the simulator, I'm afraid the connectors will fit rather loosely after a while. The best would be to use the Tx as it is (just connect the interface cable).

When I connect the PC interface (with the antenna collapsed and the RF module and crystal IN the Tx), the indicated voltage goes up by .2 to .3 volts. I also got 6-7 hours operating time from one charge. The way I see it this indicates that the RF module is off. Higher voltage means that the load went down. 6-7 hours op. time is impossible if the Tx is transmitting. If I switch on both the Tx and Rx and then connect the PC interface, the servos quit responding as if I switched off the Tx. This confirms that the Tx isn't transmitting when the PC interface is connected.

But; I'd like to be on the safe side and ask.

Tell me the truth