RCU Forums - View Single Post - F.Y.I. APRA Rules Enforcement At Whittier
Old 05-30-2002, 01:21 AM
MDP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.Y.I. APRA Rules Enforcement At Whittier

I am inclined to agree with LEFTY.......A few years back it was OK to remove the baffles in APRA, and cut the Super Tiger GS 40 exhaust stackes, or maybe it was OK because nobody cared. There was a rule change, and the baffels had to be in, and no cutting of the exhaust stacks. Maybe Jim remembers. I recall my engine ran better with the baffle in, with a more consistant needle, and didn't hurt the power, so even when it was OK to take them out, I left them in. I am sticking my neck out now :drowning:, because I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it tached any better without the baffle. The only higher tach reading I saw was, drilling out the exhaust stinger bigger, some guys got caught drilling holes in the bottom of the muffler to relieve exhaust pressure for a gain, and some went so far as to leave the tail cone of the muffler loose to relieve some more pressure , easy to spot because they would spin around. Most of these guys went lean before the tenth lap. The carb bore diameter, is designed to work the best with a certain stock muffler stinger hole size. The TT's are maxed out. Releiving muffler pressure, ment not enough muffler pressure to the tank, which ment having to be rich for the first few laps, and possibly over lean for the last few, not the best setup..........RIGHT LEFTY ? Any one out there reading this know "FOR SURE" what TT's tach with & without the baffle ? Especially with a unload prop at say 20K RPM ?