RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can it?
Thread: Can it?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Display of timer on Tracker II

It's not currently possible, though Lewis Polk did say that they were going to look in to it.

Honestly, I've been using the radio for a bit, and I that once you get used to it, not seeing the timer isn't a big deal. I just set for a bit shorter than my fuel supply, and I know I should think about landing after it goes off. But I leave enough cushion that I don't need it down to the second.

I was using a seperate countdown timer, but I found I never really looked away from my plane in the air to look at the timer anyway, I just reacted to the noise it made. I mean, how much time do you spend not looking at your plane in the air anyway?

That said, I'm still not 100% confident that the timer is running or not running when I think it is. And, if I understand, it starts up automatically when you turn on your TX, while most guys prefer to start their timers right after the engine starts. You can stop and re-start the timer with the buttons on the pannel, but you get no feedback telling you that it's doing what you think it's doing, that it actually stopped and re-started. Some feedback here, even just a beep for "started timing", two for stopped timing or something would be an improvement. Though not necessary if they do the mod to make it visible.