RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli P38 construction
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Falcon Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli P38 construction

Flydoc,

Pretty plane! Looks excellent! How did you mount your fowlers? Andy and I have been looking at all the alternatives on different fowler types out there trying to figure out which way to go with them, and which one is the easiest to mount. Any tips?

I just got through talking with Andy, he's had a rough weekend and was unable to come over and do anything. Apparently his computer fried on him, so for all those waiting for progress pictures, please be patient, hopefully soon!

Have questions on the lower formers (frames). F5B, F7 and F9B have a seperate notch cut into one side only. Which side does this mount, the right or left? I'm assuming they have something to do with the nose gear door, which if is the case, should be on the right hand side, right? The plans are kind of vague about it. Any input about it would be greatly appreciated.

We are down to the lower frames and skining the bottom of the wing so far. As far as the fuselage goes, waiting to get in our retracts before applying the sheeting obviously, don't want to get ahead of ourselves and regret it later. The flap question we are still dealing with, once we decide which way to go, will go from there.

Thanks to everyone for their input, you all have been a great help!!

Thanks, Chris.