RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would you join a club that drinks alcohol while flying?
Old 01-21-2004, 05:09 PM
redbirdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you join a club that drinks alcohol while flying?

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I can halfway understand fears of an out of control pilot that has his confidence bolstered by a few drinks, but brawls at the airfield- C'mon.
Are they going be breaking airplanes over each other's heads like beer bottles in bar room brawls in the movies. Maybe they will play chicken with their aircraft - the first one to get out of the way must shotgun a beer through the muffler. Geez
ORIGINAL: spokman

Since I know a little about drinking I just thought I would put in my 2 cents. First off, thank goodness the AMA prohibits drinking to be insured! Drinking has no place at an air field where people are flying. One it is a safety hazard as you are controling a projectile in the air but that is secondary to the social problems it introduces. If someone at your field is a jerk when they are not drinking think about putting a couple of beers into them? How many problems have you had or seen with other people who have been drinking in social setting with aquaintances? Fights, arguments, rude behaviour. Then there is the person drinking who won't put up with that rude behaviour. : ) So fists fly. Drinking has no place at a public club.