RCU Forums - View Single Post - The SR. Falcon coming soon!!!From Early RC Models
Old 01-21-2004, 05:19 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The SR. Falcon coming soon!!!From Early RC Models

As I have been informed from the US Copyright/Patent office and an Attorney, licenses apply to either a patent or copyright. An extensive search in the copyright record files came up with nothing and the original Goldberg plans have no copyright on them. Thus public domain. My rendition of this model is drawn on AutoCAD by me which carries a registered copyright for me. For assurances and not to step on any toes this design deviates in excess of 10% per the newer copyright rulings passed in the 1980's. I did send a letter to Lanier to ask permission to use the Carl Goldberg name and was told they would give none. I am not out to take any credit from Carl Goldberg and his designs. I offer these kits in admiration to a true gentleman and a great model designer as with all the other kits we provide. Original kits now are so expensive the average guy can't afford or the kits are in such poor shape to build. We supply hopefully a reasonably priced product to satisfy this need. No I am not a competitor with the bigger guys and don't plan to be. Just trying to bring back memories of past times we older guys had with our Dads and such many, many years ago.
Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com