RCU Forums - View Single Post - The SR. Falcon coming soon!!!From Early RC Models
Old 01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The SR. Falcon coming soon!!!From Early RC Models

Bob:

About five years ago I had contacted all the interested parties you mentioned, plus a few others who I did not know were still alive. In no uncertain terms, they informed me there would be legal trouble if I proceeded to produce more than one-two kits, or otherwise advertise and put into production.

Was some folks from Denver had announced here about two years ago at RCU that they were going to produce all of the Falcon's Many of us doubted they would be able to produce, and then about two months later dropped the projects due to legal problems. In round terms, Lanier told them not to also, as there were some plans to reintoduce the line-up, but revise the plans for more modern equipment. I used to have their name handy, but the web-site went dead and the e:mail address closed a good year ago. I think they were originally looking into old Veco products also, but the folks fro Arizona told them no too.

I was lucky and got permission years ago from all the interested parties while they were alive to produce a line of reproductions.

Wm.