RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Mayhem 3D ARF
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 08:58 PM
DHammer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Mayhem 3D ARF

AIRPLANENUTS
I just picked up one today. Was at my LHS and it caught my eye. We opened it up and my first impression was wow, you are right, the hardware included is definitely better with this plane than the other ARFS, 4-40 control rods,beefy rear wheel assembly, all joints you could actually see glue, pull/pull rudder set up. (by the way-good job on posting the pics, they turned out great).
Guess the only thing I was disappointed in was the one piece wing. Span being 72", it will be a little difficult transporting. Also I noted that the recommended 4S engine range was .91-1.20 on the box, and other posts I am reading indicate 4S recommended size is .70 to .91. Not that that is a bad thing, the Saito 120 I have will fit the bill, but for such a light plane-7 to 8 lbs, it ought to have unlimited vertical even at the altitude I fly at. I will be using Hitec 645 on rudder, HS 77BB in the Ailerons, and 625 in the elevator, R127df receiver, 6V 1400Mah NiMh.
It will be interesting to see how other members will set up and power the plane, but I think it will be awhile for the majority of us in locations where winter flying is a hit and miss proposition and we will have to rely on the fair weather flyer's to get us the first reports to see if any bad habits are present.
Hopefully RCU will do a in-depth review of this bird soon.
At the moment, I can't see any modifications I could make to the plane. Looks great right out of the box, very unusual for an ARF.

Dhammer