RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Digital Servos for drive by wire throttle
Old 01-30-2004, 02:47 PM
3D Joy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Advice on Digital Servos for drive by wire throttle

I know some Futaba servos use the bottom part of the case as an aluminum heat sink. I am pretty sure though that these servos are of resin gears instead of metal gears.

Just wondering. You maybe could take advantage of Hitec digitals as they are programmable. You can set end points and ceter point directly in the servo, making mechanical hook up real easy. You could change dead band and servo speed, if you want it slower. You may want a 5945 for torque or a 5925 for blistering speed. They both are coreless servos and both use metal gears. You can swap gears to make the high torque or high speed as you want.

These servos need only a fraction of degree between desired position (signal) and actual position to reach full operating torque.

I don't know about what is a "bit" of resolution but these servos are capable of something like 2000 or 3000 steps throught their entire travel range. Sure there is some slop in the gear train but these servos are about what is best for overall value. Hitec also sell the programmer for these servos.

I hope I help some...