RCU Forums - View Single Post - JPO Position Paper Regarding The New Turbine Regulations
Old 01-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RE: JPO Position Paper Regarding The New Turbine Regulations

Fred,
It is ironic that NOW you come out and say what I have been saying for a while. I managed to get the PB guys bent out of shape and the turbine guys all wound up over my approach to Safety Rules which seems to be similar to yours. Take heed because it seems those guys DO NOT LIKE TO BE TOLD THEY ARE NOT AS PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW!

ORIGINAL: FHHuber

SNIP

That Kit and turbine combo review. some jet jocks are going to say... "Frank Tiano flew that combo... Why can't I?" CD: "It violates the T:W rule. Not at my contest." Jet Jock: "WAAAH!... its unfair!" (He's RIGHT!)
Your points about high profile people are important because those are the actions that get attention and generate the perceived need for more stringent rules. I disagree very strongly with your analysis about it being "unfair" that some CD insists that the flyer follows the AMA rules. There is NOTHING unfair about it except that the big name guys who do things outside the SC and the AMA are getting to tell us all that their's is bigger than our is IN PRINT. I don't know about you, but THAT is what I find offensive and unfair.

Maybe a letter to FT would help, but it will not change the perceptions the community has to deal with. Especially when there are those in that community who insist on NOT following the T/W regulation for one reason or another. What seems to me to be worse is that there IS the segment of the community that is sure FT is right on target with his flying OUTSIDE the rules. The problem is that it has not been made clear that he WAS.

FT frequently does not seem to maintain a leadership position or attitude. This is just the latest example of his approach. Now I remember why I did NOT vote for him