RCU Forums - View Single Post - Superman or Batman Novelty Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Gastronom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superman or Batman Novelty Aircraft

On the Pica F4U Corsair, I haven't sheeted the wings yet becasue it has 4 servos inside of it that I won't be able to reach or adjust after the sheeting is applied. A friend suggested taht since the pushrods exit the bottom of the wing that I could put the bottom skinz on then do all of the trailing edge work and after everything is set-up then go back and put top skins on. This has held me up a bit but now I think I can get it done. The kit called for a .61 2-stroke engine when I received it. I have seen that since then they changed the specs and said to use a .46 - .61 engine. Good thing that I got a ST .75 with pitts muffler.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The fuse was challenging to build, being a full circle in all. I got the cockpit kit and was able to complete it and put it in before putting the top sheeting of the fuse on, others that I have spoken to about this left out a couple of steps becasue they couldn't get the cockpit kit in afterwards. I guess right now I have to complete the wing, mount the engine, and cover the model. I'm gonna cover it in white monokote then go over it with steel wool and then finally paint it. I think that I'll go with the dark blue, light blue, then gray on the bottom. Not going for scale, too much work involved. Jon at Pica has had been doing kit reviews for him and this is one that I have been working on. Aftyer I fly the Corsair and get enough data to write the review then I'll probably sell the beast. I'm more of a sport flyer which means that more then likely I'll get bored with it and try to do some 3D stunts at which time it'll probably stall and fall out of the air. With any luck I'll get it done before summer, been working on it for about 8 months now, well except for the really cold dayz, which have been allot around here lately.
So what pilot are you using on your Corsair? I got one of those amarine dolls from Wal-Mart and 'dorfed' him to fit in the cockpit. He is still a little tall but I think that he'll work nicely. I'm not using any retracts on this model, but I have a GP Learjet that I got for X-mas this year that I am going to try the retract thing for the first time on. Probably will use mechanical at first then I may go on to phnuematic ones.
The picture shows the issues that I have run into with the servos being mounted inside the wing and how I have tried working around it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pica_Corsair_flp_srvo.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	81