RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale Flat Foam Flip 3D
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 12:03 AM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale Flat Foam Flip 3D

So I ditched the tape and sunk them flush with the top surface so they came out like this. They come through the top spoiling that color scheme a little. I'm not as happy as I was but I think the servo is there for good.

Look at that rudder servo back there just waiting to pop right of because of the tape. The good news is I have traced that ones location also. The pull/pull system doesn't transmit as much force on the servo body as a pushrod either.

The jury is still out on the pull/pull in it's current servo location. The line is supper strong and doesn't stretch by hand at all. I think it would be better if it was located farther back though. I just didn't want to add the weight of two servo extensions after saving the pushrod weight.

I also ran into a geometry problem I didn't think about when I beveled the stab and fuse for the tail surfaces on one side. When you try to have the control horns the same length on both sides of surface, one comes out 6mm longer than the other. Next time I do this I will double bevel the hinge line and that problem goes away. For now, one control horn looks much longer than the other on the same surface and the center is a little offset. Center your hingeline for pull/pull and avoid this entirely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38901.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	97210