RCU Forums - View Single Post - ama requires but doesnt support
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 12:08 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ama requires but doesnt support

Booger,
You got in trouble as soon as you said "there's no way he can solo". How do you know that? If the Feds get involved, one of the 1st questions they're going to ask you is what are your professional qualifications that lead you to that determination?
What must a student do to pass the solo flight? There must be some guide lines, people are passing the test. Give him the same test, if he fails, let him do whatever is done to other students who fail and then re-test, if he fails again, you're covered.
ADA does not guarantee the handicapped that they can live the same as a non handicapped person, it just requires you give them the same chance. Reasonable accommodation is a buzz word in the ADA that is very vague in it's meaning. It does not mean that you have to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE for the handicapped person, only what YOU deem as reasonable. A reasonable accommodation that Microsoft could provide would be entirely different than what Joe's software company could provide for the same handicap. As head of HR for a large manufacturing company I have been a party to several ADA suits and what the Feds are looking for is that you gave a good faith effort to the handicapped person to allow him to succeed.
The down side to all of the above is even if you've done all the above and he files a complaint, and even if you win, it's still going to cost you time and money.
If you need more info on the ADA, PM me.
BRG,
Jon