RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN Genesis VS Savage 25
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 03:33 PM
mecky33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

Dale, I am a diehard Cen fan because of the quality, reliability and customer service I have gotten from them. I bought my truck used from a kid that didn't really know how to care for a nitro. He incorrectly installed a boost bottle, did not temp the truck, beat the crap out of it, and added parts to it that where not made for it. He bought hop-ups with no regard to performance, and did no regular maintenance. And I bought and ran that truck for a month before I had any problems. at that point I found out that the incorrectly installed boost bottle nipple on the engine block was causing a serious air leak and no head gasket that was causing a second leak that was overheating the engine. I worked with Cen to correct the problem, ultimately sending the engine to them. They replaced the carb and carb seat for free and tested the engine before sending it back. I ran it for a month and started running in to issues similar to the air leak. I also started noticing a lack of performance and dificulties starting it. I called Cen and before I could completely explain the problem, the told me to send my engine back to them for replacement. So, even though I bought the truck used they worked with me to correct the problem. And because they didn't completely correct the problem the first time, they replaced my engine for me as compensation.

The truck has proven its self to be very durable since I have had it. I slid sideways into a tree stump at about twenty miles an hour and only bent the shaft on my integy shock. I have nailed a few curbs at high speeds and have yet to break anything. I have somersaulted it four or five times and again, no broken parts. The two things I have had to replace that where my fault where a shock end (again it was an integy part), and my first gear spur. The spur blew because I didn't loktite the clutch bell stud on the engine. And the shock end I broke when I came off of some small boulders in my yard and landed on the right front tire at an angle. So, through everything I have done as a novice nitro driver, it has taken all the abuse I can dish out and I haven't had to dish out any cash to keep it running.