RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max engines- the sad demise.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS Max engines- the sad demise.

My Ol' buddy FlyBoy run a motor too lean???? Not a chance in hell.

He NEVER gets the full potential of any motor due to his stubborn resistance to wind'em up! ....now me on the other hand.....I've blown'em all up!! LOL

I don't know if I would agree with him on expecting OS to warranty a motor that has been out of production since '96, however, I do understand Dave's frustration over the nickel going away on a motor, run like he runs his, and OS's/Hobby Services not offering any "break" at all.

The last OS motor I bought was the 91FX, and that was, by far, the most over rated motor on the market. Hell, I tried to "blow it up", but I couldn't get it turn any R's. I still have a couple that I run, but like some of you have said...there are way too many other motor Mfg's out there that are producing the same, if not better motors than OS, and very often at a lot less moola. Until they get their &%@# together, I'll buy something else.

Sad thing is, they ignore any/all problems with respect to customer relations.

My suggestion to you Dave.....throw that thing in the trash, buy a Jett 90. At least you'll know when you run that "sloppy rich" like you do, it will still out perform any OS of the same displacement. HA HA

Gary