RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contest Entry for AJCoholic... TEST FLIGHT DONE!!
Old 02-08-2004, 07:43 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: RE: more progress

Dont worry, there will be a video and sound as well, same as last year. Even if the first hand launch ends in a lawn-dart and total destruction, you will see and hear it

I am an optimist, and in my dreams I see it climbing gracefully out of the launch with both engines purring just slightly out of synch....

Actually the ONLY thing I am stressing even a bit about, is that I am not sure who I will ask to do the hand launch. All the years I am flying, I have allways done my own. I usually have a helper hold my plane for me untill I get my transmitter neck strap on and get a good hold on the plane. Years ago I had a fellow basically throw my plane into the ground, and since then I only do my own launches!

The trouble is, with this low wing, and extra wide fuse, and twin props, I will not be able to do this. It will take a 2 handed throw, and I am nervous since most people I know dont have much experience with hand launching planes...

I wish I could find a nice flat area to try a ROG for my first flight, and if the lakes are smooth and glassy, and I get a day thats not too cold in March with little wind (rare) I may try that route...

Oh well, thats not for me to worry about quite yet. Still have some work to be done!

AJC