RCU Forums - View Single Post - My latest 2.4ghz effort!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My latest 2.4ghz effort!

I dunno.
So far the 200mw system with the patch antenna is giving me the results I was after. I aint after flying by telemetry much. I just wanna make neato movies so a multi-mile range isnt needed.
I flew my US60 out farther than I have ever flown any other plane during the first 200mw test and the results indicated that I could have gone out even further, especially if I had positioned the antenna farther out in the field to get it away from the treeline.
I figure to buy another tx and camera from Bill in the near future but will probably go for another 200mw tx.
Unless you buy and test the 600mw for us before then?[sm=lol.gif]
When the 900mhz patch antenna finally shows up I should be doing more tests with my Kadet and the Supercircuits system. Going to re-mount the tx and go for the external antenna setup that Mike came up with. Looks to be a winner.

Added: I dont know *** is going on with the server today. Was screaming along last night!
ORIGINAL: aaron2874

Yeah that looks real good. I think I'm going to go the same route Fubar. Oh and btw, I just want you to know how much I appreciate you doing all this research. Not only are you going to get me on the right track with the vid equpiment, but you're also saving a pile of cash in NOT wasting my time with lesser systems. Do you think you could try the 600mw system within the next two months?