RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contest Entry for AJCoholic... TEST FLIGHT DONE!!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
flysrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: RE: more progress

ORIGINAL: ajcoholic

Dont worry, there will be a video and sound as well, same as last year. Even if the first hand launch ends in a lawn-dart and total destruction, you will see and hear it

I am an optimist, and in my dreams I see it climbing gracefully out of the launch with both engines purring just slightly out of synch....

Actually the ONLY thing I am stressing even a bit about, is that I am not sure who I will ask to do the hand launch. All the years I am flying, I have allways done my own. I usually have a helper hold my plane for me untill I get my transmitter neck strap on and get a good hold on the plane. Years ago I had a fellow basically throw my plane into the ground, and since then I only do my own launches!

The trouble is, with this low wing, and extra wide fuse, and twin props, I will not be able to do this. It will take a 2 handed throw, and I am nervous since most people I know dont have much experience with hand launching planes...

I wish I could find a nice flat area to try a ROG for my first flight, and if the lakes are smooth and glassy, and I get a day thats not too cold in March with little wind (rare) I may try that route...

Oh well, thats not for me to worry about quite yet. Still have some work to be done!

AJC
Andrew my vote is to let your flying protajee Brandon do the honours of the hand launch.
Dave