RCU Forums - View Single Post - Half-A Profile Funfly
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 11:52 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE: Half-A Profile Funfly

Jason, congrats on a successful maiden flight! Sounds like it went pretty doggone well.

Such a good lookin' plane, I know it looks great in the air. Your engine should get better with more runnin... The fact that you are having trouble with it climbing when nose up is an excellent sign. You will be hovering and torque rolling in no time![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
If you have not already removed the throttle stop screw, pull it out. When you do, your engine should idle much lower. Mine will actually will shut down from throttle trim.

While Jason had a great first flight, I think the original Half-Wit may have had its last flight on Sunday morning. The good news is that it died a very honorable death for a 3d plane.
I was practicing knife edge loops and getting more and gutsy with it. Finally I centered one over the far edge of the runway. As it pulled level at the bottom of the loop at full throttle, the left wingtip caught the high grass that borders the runway. The little plane cartwheeled across the frozen ground very hard. I may rebuild it anyway as the damage actually was very minimal. All that broke was the tip rib and it loosened the horizontal mount. I may try to rebuild it some night this week......Then again, maybe its time for a new one....