RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Li'l Rascal
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 12:03 AM
joewss
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Li'l Rascal

Wow, I must be hearing about another airplane other than the SIG Lil Rascal. I have about 50 flights on mine and I've had none of the problems described above except for a tendency to snap at high angle of attack. Other than that, I love the airplane it rolls, loops and does mulitple snaps and great touch and goes. I ditched the stock motor because it sounds like its grinding corn and installed a Tweety Torque brushless outrunner motor, It swings a GWS 7 - 6 prop and flys till I get tired on a 2 cell 700 ma Lipo battery pack. There must be about 5 or six Lil Rascals at our flying field some with stock motors others with Astro 010 direct drives and I have not heard many complaints at all. Most people admit to the snap roll tendency but just a little wash out seems to tame it. I left mine stock because I like the quick snap rolls.
This is not a beginners airplane, it is fast and reacts quickly, maybe too quick for some. Every time I fly it, people comment about how much fun it is to watch it fly and some want to know how much it costs and where they can get one, I send them to Aero Micro for a Slow Stick!!

Joe Stewart
San Carlos, CA