RCU Forums - View Single Post - making the switch
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 09:11 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making the switch

warlock1174, are you a professional? if one wants to buy 5 helis, then one of them could be a litemachines. i do not think much of fixed pitch helis though. but if you want to have only one or two, then you are waisting your money on those things.
crashes do happen, of course, but to simply buy a heli based on the fact that you will crash often is not very smart. i self taught myself and i did not start crashing until i was quite confident with forward flight and hover all directions. why did i crash? because i got careless...
it is about discipline and concentration. i read about guys here, they barley have a gallon of fuel through their heli and they are trying loops and inverted flying (but can't keep a hover in a 10ftx10ft square) and then wonder why they crashed... learn to walk before you run and take a SLOW pace and you will not crash very often.
i can not recommend a craptor, yes they are cheap, but things just brake without reason. i have more trouble with this thing than my ex-wife and i am to lazy to sell it...
if in anyway you can afford it get a 50 size heli. that size can take you at very reasonable price from start to radical 3D. Sceadu, Venture, fury... most 50 size helis are pretty decent helis. you will find as many different opinions as there are brands...