RCU Forums - View Single Post - Triton, Super Brain 969 for Li-Poly
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 08:03 PM
blademan7065
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Triton, Super Brain 969 for Li-Poly

DON'T USE THE BATTERY CHARGER. Don't use the charger to power the triton. The direction's say that it will directly damage the charger. If you are going to use it to recharge the battery after is goes dead that is fine. As far as the PC power supply goes, I have been using one for about a year now and have never experienced a problem. I guess if you use a power supply that has a low amperage rating you may run into a problem. Mine is an eleven amp supply. I have charged 18 cells @ 3amps with no problem. You electronics guru may not fully understand what the exact use you will be using and exactly how much current draw that these chargers really demand. It is very rare that you will charge at anything higher than 1.5 - 2 amps. The 18 cell 3amp charge was a test to see what my power supply would do. The only time that I charge 18 cells is when I am charging my starter box for an 1/8 scale buggy that I have. Everything eels is done at a much lower current. It is up to you though, my whole club uses a PC power supply and have not experienced a problem. If you are interested in one similar to mine PM me and we can talk.