RCU Forums - View Single Post - retiming ? on GWS EPS-350C-DX
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: retiming ? on GWS EPS-350C-DX

An update on my experiment: After 4 or 5 flights with my Mustang the LVC started to kick in on steep climbs. I brought back down and checked the amp draw. 10 amps! I started with the new motor. I am not sure why it suddely wanted to draw more amps. The RPM stayed about he same as before. This won't do, so, a new experiment? I had and old 300 motor sitting around. From what I have heard the 300 has a lower rpm per volt than than the 350 and has retared timing. So, I adjusted the timing for neutral. Should be the most effiecient right? Then I put it in a "B" gear box. Who uses those? Guess what. 5200 RPM at 8 amps. Even better. Of couse this was a new motor, so I expected the amps to rise. After 2 10 minute flights, I check again. RMP still the same, but the amps rose to 9. Still not bad though. Its low enough so that my LVC doesn't kick in and my stang kicks butt. I didn't have time for more flights, but Ill let you know what happens. BTW I am using a CC esc with the cutt off voltage at 6 volts.