RCU Forums - View Single Post - Awesome New Diesel Head Conversion
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 01:25 AM
mmuntner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel smoke

ORIGINAL: hobbsy

I've got a TT .42 GP coming, my first Taiwan engine, some Diesel concentrate from RedMax to mix with some BioDiesel that I bought over a year ago and a RMTeo head to try. The concentrate is 65% ether, 30% castor and 5% ignition enhancer, I believe mixing a quart of this with two quarts of the bio fuel will make a fuel of about 20% ether, 10% lube and 1.5% enhancer. I actually got the bio to fire a few times in my Fox .74 conversion without anything added but had the compression maxed out. It smelled like Pam getting hot in a skillet and made a visible puff of smoke. If someone would like to refine my percentages, go for it. The bio has plenty of lubricity of its own, hence the 10% lube. Any thoughts welcome. I am going to order some Davis concentrate also, in the interest of science. Talk to me.

I know that I'm sticking my neck out and practically appearing to beg for another (however mild) insult, but here goes anyhow...

Just based on the usual practice of using about 30%+ ether content, don't you suppose that...

Omigawd, I think he's gonna hit me again! ...

Mort.