RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger .60
Thread: Tiger .60
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Boss248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger .60 . Building suggestions?

I built the Tiger 60 a few months ago and it flies pretty good...had a 91FX with a pipe so vertical was not a problem. The plane is very strong as built from plans but if I had it all to do over there are 2 things I would fix...1 is the main gear landing block location needed to be 1/2 in rearward and 2 is the rudder needs to have the hinge line straightened up...hinge line is to far angled back which made the rudder very week. If the plane is an ARF or you have already built the kit then a quick and easy fix is described very well by FHHUBER. I liked the way the plane handled high speeds...it can be flown very fast straight and level and all of the parts stay on the plane where they belong...it is just a damn good Sunday P.M. fly till your tired and ready to go home plane. I ended up giving the plane less goodies to a friend who always seems to end up with more plane thatn he is comfortable with and needed something a bit more sedate to suite his flying skill and he just loves the Tiger and has more fun with it than any plane he has owned...It's nice to see him really enjoy flying it.