RCU Forums - View Single Post - what is the worst monster truck?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 07:58 PM
bigdom324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: what is the worst monster truck?

I have had a maxx for a couple of years now, but I think it is a great truck. When I first started out driving it, I have to admit that it was a money pit because the front end broke alot. I purchased an aluminum skid plate, but it bent out of shape many times and I eventually tossed it. Finally one day, I reluctantly spent $50 on a titanium skidplate and most of my problems went away, it holds the front end together really well and is what I consider to be the best hop-up that I have purchased for my Maxx. It works so well because it comes up in front of the bumper and protects it, so the weak bumper set up won't break on impact. I actually went almost the whole summer without breaking a part, but unfortunately, my steering servo went and my maxx crashed into a curb a full speed, the screw heads broke off and I was unable to remove them from my bulkheads, so I ditched them. It held up really well though and I only had to replace the left bulkhead. I would recommend this hop-up to any Maxx owner who is looking to improve their truck's durability without spending a $1000.