RCU Forums - View Single Post - How can I slow the EMAX 25% to 50% ?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Robear
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: How can I slow the EMAX 25% to 50% ?

RC Dragon. I did think of that. I know a lot about RC cars, but when it comes to kids I will admit I don't know much I was thinking it would prolly be a few years before a 7 year year old could handle a e-Maxx unleashed. So in 3 years of a kid beating on an e-maxx you will have broken parts and the cost of the mabuchi's might bring it close to the cost of a $60 Tyco. And I was thinking in a couple years from now there will probably be a newer/cooler truck on the market... maybe an E-Maxx 2?

I mean I remember I got my first RC car when I was 11 years old and it was junked shortly after that... so my thinking was it would be cheaper to junk a Tyco than a Traxxas. So I dont disagree with you, but if it was my kid I would prolly opt for something bullet-proof like a MRC Thunderking or something cheap like Radio Shack or Tyco.

Speaking of Traxxas... I did notice that the old race vehicles... TRX-1, Blue Eagle, etc... where pretty much bullet proof, but their entry-level stuff seems to break kind of easily.