RCU Forums - View Single Post - Half-A Profile Funfly
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 01:12 AM
crashawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: Half-A Profile Funfly

thanks for the advice, sounds reasonable that the glow plug could be fouled with aluminum since break in would definately remove some material. I'll have to get me some spares, does anyone make a head that takes a regular glow plug and does it work well?
radio interference has caused me to lose 2 airplanes indirectly at the field, looking back now they were both on the same radio, my half wit is on that radio too but not on same reciever. they would act up at the field but not at home and since so many others ussually had problems the same day it was chalked up to "interference".
for some reason JR equipment is the only stuff I've had any trouble with at the field, I never have any problems here at my house or several places I fly here in town, just at the club field. we have several large towers within eyesight of the field there, one very close that is the sheriff dept's tower and a line of power lines along the east border oppisite of our runway (we look right at em while flying). I think we need to get some kind of signal anylizer out there and see what's going on. when I turn on my reciever only at home my plane just sits there and does nothing, at that field it goes nuts if the transmitter is not on. my favarite radio right now is my old ace micropro, it's am and I have yet to take a hit in two years of use, some of the "experts" at the field warn me that I should not be flying with it because the new radios are so much better technology, ect,yada yada yada............... PLLLLGGGTTTTTTHHHHH (big rasberry) it gets old. until they outlaw am or I start having problems with it, I'm gonna keep using it.

thanks again.
Jason