RCU Forums - View Single Post - PLANS and BIPES: Your Favorites From The Past
Old 02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
damifino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLANS and BIPES: Your Favorites From The Past

While I'm relatively new to RC flying, my interest in the hobby goes back more than 20 years. I enjoy building as much as flying which led me to post this thread. It will be a nostalgic journey for many and a learning experience for newer participants like me. So, tell us about your favorite biplanes and the plans from which they were built. I'm talking about plan built and/or extinct kits for which plans may be available from the '60's to the present. There are a handful of bipe kits on the market that fall into the .60 to 1.20 size range for sport flying (no 3-D, thank you) and I'm interested in learning about their origins and other designs that have sorta faded into the sunset. Names that come to mind are ACROSTAR, Airmeister, Liberty Sport, Aeromaster Too, Skybolt, and a host of others I've seen in various plans catalogs. I'm interested in building a few of the classic designs from plans and to have input from some 'old-timers' as to the 'best from the past' would be appreciated and enjoyable.