RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Death of a Corsair
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 AM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Death of a Corsair

Want a replacement? http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/C-GWFU.htm

Seriously though, in researching this plane, I have found a couple of things might help avoid stalls. Well, not avoid but assist you in handling them--the right front stall tab and clipped wings.

Now you say, clipped wings? Yes, mine will have them. But my reason for doing it is because the one I am modelling HAD them.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

p.s.

quote: "As I stated ealier the last thing I remember before I started the Long tearful walk out to gather the pieces, was letting go of the Ailerons Stick that was pushed over to the right as I was trying to stop the spin." unquote.

Oh man, I know that feeling. Brings a tear to my eye. I'm surprised the stick wasn't bent with you trying to recover. It seems that in times of panic I tend to forget what is needed to try to recover.

I may be wrong but it seems that the only way to recover is to use rudder to straighten out (not 'rons), keep the nose down, try to pick up speed and slowly feed in elevator (b4 it's too late of course). Easy in hindsight, not so easy in practise.

Anyways, back to the one for sale

edit--after I wrote this, I re-read it. I did not mean to give "instructions". It was more of a validation for myself as to how to get out of that type of problem. By no means am I an expert and did not want to imply that. I figure that if it was wrong, someone would point it out to me and I would be "saved".