RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another shot of Tequila...
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 01:44 AM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another shot of Tequila...

Was about 2 clicks away from ordering a Kangke FD3 for my .32sx that recently became available, when I rememberd the LHS had a old Tequila Sunrise .25 in a box collecting dust. I figured what the heck I'm up for a challenge, brought it home for 1/2 the price of the Kangke. This is actually my second one. I retired my first one when I needed the Norvel for a club racer. Don't believe all the horror stories, there mostly from pilots in a little over their heads. It's fun to have one plane in your fleet that actually takes a little skill. Tried to keep it light with a Macs pipe, Electron Rx, 270mah, and a mini throttle. But it still feels like a brick as usual. Haven't flown it yet. I wanted something that would smoke my buddies new Quickie ARF / 40fx. I hate Quickie's. A plane should look like a plane. Unfortunately Quickie's are about the only go-fast planes around the Phoenix clubs. All of the fields are either pavement or dirt. Neither of which is very kind to Whiplashes, DD's, Shrikes etc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12591.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	105817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46501.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	105818