RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trim F-86
Thread: Trim F-86
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Stuart G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trim F-86

Dave 03b,

I had a Trim Sabre that I built with a SPS 54 turbine producing 13.5lbs thrust.

It took me two years to build as I covered it in flight metal aluminium and put all rivet detail on, It looked the business.

I lost the plane on the third flight due to my own fault by putting the receiver aerial on the inside. All range checks seemed O.K.

The kit itself is superb, the fibreglass fuse is very well made and the quality of the wings stabs and fin are excellent, infact the whole wood package is excellent.
I did find that with the balance point set at 285mm which is middle of the recommended setting it was too nose heavy. having to pull a lot of elevator on the turns.
The flights I did have were very smooth with the controls set at manufacturer values, it was very stable and stayed where you put it. Landings were easy with full flap, just leave a bit of power on and fly her in for a very smooth nose high landing.

I don't know if you have brought your's yet but if you haven't I have some things for sale from the sabre which were untouched in the crash, These are

Full cockpit kit (not started still in bags)
BVM Pilot (full body)
Spring Air 503 main retracts, Robart Oleo's, Trim wheels and brakes including scale brake extensions.
Trim twist and turn nose retract unit with Robart Air Ram, Robart Oleo, Trim wheel.
Ultra precision Retract and door sequencer, Valve does doors and retracts so only one servo required.
Carbon Fibre Bypass duct and stainless steel exhaust.
Full autostart SPS54 Turbine.

Let me know if any of the above are of interest.

Stuart.