RCU Forums - View Single Post - Simple training quaifications
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: Simple training quaifications

One thing that RCU really opened my eyes to is that there are a lot of differant types of fields and clubs with differant attitudes about what is safety and how to regulate things. If you've read some of my posts about Sepulvada Basin you know that it is at one end of the spectrum, public field, nobody in charge, some posted rules in English which can't be read by many and is ignored by most others. Then there are fields like I suppose FHHuber belongs to where you have the ability to screen pilots based on profiecency before turning them loose on their own. From my percpective the test is a bit much but then I go to the field today and watch a sailplane pilot at the wrong end of the runway, a guy who has to stand at the edge of the runway to take off and land and then walks in front of the other pilots, the wind changes and 5 pilots flying right hand and five others flying left.....How about the trainer that landed across the runway and rolled halfway to the pits on the infield? This was all in about 1/2 hours time, so maybe a little more control wouldn't be so bad but I am used to doing what I want and having someone telling me differant would be irritating to say the least.

The point I am trying to make is that we all come from differant prospectives and untill you get to travel around and experiance differant flying sites your gonna be skeptical of others views, as we see in this thread.